Tuesday 8 April 2014

[15mmFantasySkirmish] Warriors of Reduced Stature

As I slowly worked my way towards drawing a line under my painting tally for March, I spotted a thread on Dwarves on TMP. Amongst the figures I had completed in March were a company of Dwarven Clan Warriors from Ral Partha Europe's Blight Haven range.


The left-most, vaguely Ostrogothic Warrior is an adventurer from Splintered Light Miniatures. He stands about 17mm from the top of his base to his eyes, so you can get an idea as to how tall the Dwarves are.


These Dwarves are equipped with chain mail or plate mail and appear rather Late Medieval or Early Renaissance, rather than the more usual short, angry Viking look that is more common for Dwarf miniatures. I like to think that this High Medieval look is due to the Dwarven smiths being ahead of the armour technology curve.


The shield designs are transfers from the Veni Vidi Vici range I acquired through Spirit Games in the UK.

The Ral Partha Blight Haven range has very nice figures and is well worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment