Saturday 15 June 2013

In Which the Blogger starts Prepping Some Figures

I opened up my little 28mm order from Eureka Miniatures today, and began to do a bit of prep work on them.


Here's the entire order - Left to Right: Turkish Pirate Captain; WWI Turkish Officer; Seamus O'Toole; Otto von Tannanbaum - Prussian Spy; Front Row: two members of the Victorian Science Fiction Vehicle Crew. The slotta base on the red bottle cap, to right of frame, has had a bit of Plaster's tape glued to the top to texture the base. The idea is that once this is painted up, it will look like ribbed deck plating that a Vehicle Crewman will stand upon.


And after undercoating - the amount of detail begins to stand out.


Close up of the Prussian Spy and the Turkish Pirate Captain. The Prussian is a lovely, cadaverous figure - perfect for a political manipulator and Mastermind. The Pirate Captain will make an ideal Captain Nemo.


The Turkish officer is from Eureka's historical WWI range, and is probably closer to 25mm than 28mm. I intend mounting him on a slotta base to match my other figures, but I think I might pack the base a little to reduce the obvious height difference between him and the other figures. I intend to use the Turkish Officer as a Russian. Seamus O'Toole is actually a gunslinger - he has two pistols holstered at his hips. He will, I think, be an enforcer.

2 comments:

  1. Lot of character packed into those sculpts, look forward to seeing the final product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very pleased with the figures. Hope the paint job lives up the sculpting ;)

      Delete